•SOCIAL MEDIA •MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS •COPYWRITING
• Innovative marketing professional with successful track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies for start-up to high growth organizations.
• Skilled writer with solid creative background in online and print media, covering corporate communications, current events, news and popular culture.
• Enthusiastic leader with excellent organizational and communication skills, working well with cross-functional teams and independently, to maintain strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Self-taught social media guru with more than three years experience building strategic alliances and partnerships to fuel company and revenue growth.
VALUE ADD SKILLS
• Broad range of experience using Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, WordPress, Linkedin, Flikr, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Keywords and Google+.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint.
• Knowledgeable about ways to improve user experience through SEO, SEM, SMO and HTML.
• Familiar with Salesforce, a CRM solutions software, and a wide variety of content management systems (CMS) for publishing, editing and modifying text, embedded graphics, photos and video.
• Strong understanding and knowledge of both PC and Mac platforms.
• Experienced user of Adobe CS5 applications, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
• Comfortable using Canadian Press Style standards for web and print.
• 2013 Joel Schwartz Memorial Hockey Tournament
• 2013 Revolving Tables, Israel Cancer Research Fund
• Committee member for the 2013 Senior Prom: an Intergenerational Celebration of Life for Holocaust survivors, in partnership with the Yellow Rose Project
• One SPRING Day 2013, in collaboration with UJA, Impact Toronto and Community Connect
Ryerson University, Toronto, ON, January 2013 – April 2015
• Certificate in Strategic Marketing
Humber College, Toronto, ON, September 2007-April 2009
• Post-graduate certificate in Print Journalism
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, September 2002-June 2007
• Honours Bachelor of Arts, majoring in English and Women’s Studies
Freelance Writer, Toronto, ON
CONTRIBUTOR, September 2008-Present
• Write creative copy for a wide range of topics, including real estate and medical fields.
• Research, attend events and interview members of the Jewish community for lifestyle pieces, including those about education, family and health for the Jewish Tribune.
• Discuss and write articles on fashion, beauty, celebrity and popular culture for Red Lips Long Lashes.
• Create engaging web content for e-newsletters sent out to a database of 50,000, for clients such as Compass Creative Media.
• Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team.
• Modify copy until the client is satisfied.
• Oversee production, liase with designers, illustrators and printers.
KidZoomer, Toronto, ON
DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST, September 2011-Present
• Write creative content for a large number of clients, including daily deals, email newsletters and press material.
• Supply daily and weekly social media advertising and marketing critiques, relating to web content, search techniques and audience metrics, to drive site traffic and sales.
• Elevate consciousness of the brand through link-building campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and a variety of blogs geared towards parents and children.
• Set up and upload each deal onto the server using a custom content management system (CMS).
Jewish Urban Meeting Place, Toronto, ON
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT STAFF, February 2011-Present
• Work with the Director of Strategic Development and Managing Director to fundraise, manage budgets and promote events through organic marketing and social media.
• Research and secure sponsors and donors.
• Field phone calls, file invoices and perform data entry.
• Use Adobe Creative Suite 5 to design slideshows, brochures, pamphlets and press releases.
Dealfind.com, Toronto, ON
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR, December 2011-June 2012
• Reviewed contract terms and content to ensure submitted deals were of the highest quality.
• Coordinated with other members of the Production team for assigned deals, to meet all deadlines and department goals.
• Proofread and fact checked the creative content for assigned deals.
• Member of Google Offers team, in charge of uploading and reviewing deals fed to Google.
• Set up and uploaded each deal onto the Dealfind server using a content management system (CMS).
TeamBuy.ca, Toronto, ON
SENIOR EDITORIAL COORDINATOR, June 2010-October 2011
• Researched and wrote copy for key daily deals on a national website, increasing both hits to the site and business.
• Edited and reviewed all creative copy for the website, including reformatting daily deal titles, images and copy; marketing material; and email newsletters.
• Worked with COO and Quality Assurance to create a sound editorial calendar.
• Designed and implemented a training package for new copywriters to improve content quality and streamline the creative process.
• Programmed and prioritized all daily deals according to price, value and amount sold.
• Edited photos using Photoshop and uploaded them alongside written content through a content management system (CMS).
H & M, Toronto, ON
SUPERVISOR, VISUAL MERCHANDISER, May 2006-September 2010
• Opened and closed the store.
• Oversaw scheduling of entire Men’s department.
• Efficiently dealt with customer complaints.
• Merchandised men’s and ladies departments with each season change.
• Styled front and side windows, as well as mannequins for the sales floor.
SheDoesTheCity.com, Toronto, ON
CONTRIBUTING EDITOR, June 2009-May 2010
• Interviewed and wrote articles on inspirational women for the ‘Her Career’ section.
Homemakers.com, Toronto, ON
WEB PRODUCER, contract, September 2009-December 2009
• Copy edited and proofread online text and photo content for Homemakers’ site re-launch, drawing a record number of visitors.
ELLECanada.com and More.ca, Toronto, ON
ONLINE EDITORIAL INTERN, May 2009-August 2009
• Led the reformatting of existing copy and new freelance content for the website on a daily basis.
• Created and electronically distributed newsletters to advertisers and online subscribers.
• Interacted with the media at industry events; met with top executives at beauty brands such as L’Oreal and M.A.C, and Toronto boutiques like Melmira Bra & Swimsuits.
• Pitched and wrote web editorial pieces on fashion, celebrities, technology and lifestyle to an audience of more than 300,000.
Humber College, Etobicoke, ON, while studying
LIFE/A&E EDITOR of the Humber College Et Cetera, January 2009-April 2009
• Proactively wrote opinion pieces and editorials.
• Researched potential story ideas and managed weekly meetings with 14 reporters.
• Edited copy for the entire section, working closely with reporters and other editors.
• Created and designed a games page and laid out all pages of the newspaper.
• Uploaded pages to the FTP site and ensured all ads were properly fitted and formatted.
OFF-CAMPUS NEWS EDITOR of The Daily Planet, September 2008-December 2008
• Researched and assigned stories to five reporters at any given time.
• Averaged at least one published article a week for the Humber College news website.
• Shot and edited video using Final Cut Pro and uploaded videos to YouTube.
• Edited copy and uploaded stories to the website through a CMS.
• Shot photos and created photo galleries in Photoshop, and uploaded them to the web.
ART DIRECTOR of Sweat magazine, September 2008-December 2008
• Oversaw all aspects of production for the magazine, including design and editing.
• Wrote a two-page feature on the lifestyle of OCAA athletes, one of the most popular in the magazine.
• Took initiative and uploaded entire magazine to the web – the first time it was available online.
RESEARCH CHIEF of Convergence magazine, September 2008-December 2008
• Managed fact checkers and oversaw all fact checking for the 64-page magazine, which examines
• Wrote a two-page feature and sidebar on copyright technology and plagiarism in the media.
LIFE REPORTER of the Humber Et Cetera, January 2008-April 2008
• Reported on events and issues affecting the lives of Humber College students, averaging at least one published article per week.
• Attended weekly editorial meetings prepared with story ideas and possible leads.
• Conducted interviews and captured accompanying photos.
COPY EDITOR/ART ASSISTANT of Fine Cut magazine, January 2008-April 2008
• Copy edited all articles and worked with executive committee to ensure all copy was correct.
• Sat in on editorial meetings to help decide layout for award-winning Humber College magazine.
• Laid out articles for magazine using Adobe InDesign and edited photos using Adobe Photoshop.
Canadian Family Magazine, Toronto, ON
EDITORIAL INTERN, January 2009-April 2009
• Assisted in fact checking, copy editing and proofreading.
• Worked in the editorial department assisting writers and editors with research.
• Researched, wrote and produced content for www.canadianfamily.ca.
• Secured images from publishers and stock photographers, while assisting in photo shoots.
Tribute Magazine, Toronto, ON
EDITORIAL INTERN, June 2008-August 2008
• Transcribed interviews and wrote articles and biographies daily for www.tribute.ca.
• Researched for all levels of senior management and fact checked, copy edited and proofread the magazine.
• Secured images for print and online from film distributors and stock image sites.
University of Toronto Film Festival, Toronto, ON
DIRECTOR, MARKETING AND PRODUCTION, September 2005-June 2007
• Developed a database to improv organization and co-ordination of all festival information, including submissions.
• Researched potential sponsors, eventually building a partnership with Kodak.
• Oversaw promotional volunteers and co-ordinated production of print material.
• Created media releases for plays and musicals at Hart House Theatre to be distributed across campus.
• Promoted the festival and events by obtaining free on-air plugs from campus radio stations and local newspapers.
• Researched and approached organizations, eventually securing them in regards to bookings at the theatre and sponsorships.
• Created and filed invoices for all production costs using Access and Excel.
New College, Toronto, ON,
FEATURES/COPY EDITOR at the New College Window, September 2005-June 2007
• Researched and wrote articles on many issues of interest to the University of Toronto community.
• Reviewed and edited submissions to the paper.
• Oversaw several writers for the paper, including assigning stories and ensuring timely production of the paper.