With how many types of makeup brushes there are it can be quite confusing. We have broken it down for you:
Brush material: the makeup formulas you use will help you determine whether to choose natural, real hair (sable or pony fibres) or synthetic (fake). Natural brushes are better for dry products, like blush and eyeshadow, and synthetic brushes are best suited for cream or liquid products like concealer or foundation.
TOP 5 BRUSHES YOU WILL EVER NEED:
- Powder brush: a soft, round, large natural brush. This is a must-have brush for dusting powder on the face.
- Blush/bronzer brush: choose a soft, medium-sized dome-shaped natural brush. A blush brush is ultra soft and has long bristles, so as not to irritate the skin.
- Eyeshadow brush: a small, stiff, flat natural brush is perfect for your eyes, as it gives your lids a smooth finish and more intense pigment than a fluffier brush would.
- Eyeliner/brow brush: a small angled natural or synthetic brush. This brush is multi-purpose and can be used on your lashline for eyeliner, and your brow to fill it in. It is also very user-friendly due to its easy-to-maneuver slanted angle.
- Lip brush: a small flat, round-tipped brush makes achieving that defined lip easy and precise.
Products to get you started:
Oval Eye Shadow Brush: designed for eye shadow and concealer application, that is at the right angle to make your makeup look softer and more professional.
Angle Blush Brush: contour and define cheeks for flawlessly blended, high-definition results.