Coconut doesn’t just taste yummy, it also yummy goodness for your skin. Coconut oil is easy to find almost anywhere and is loaded with good fats that are great for cooking, but did you also know that you can reap the benefits for your skin?
Get radiant skin now with coconut oil:
- Body butter – use a combination of shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil and essential oils to make the perfect body butter.
- Body scrub – mix coconut oil with brown sugar or white sugar.
- Body oil – rub coconut oil in hands to warm it up and use it in lieu of body lotion.
- Cold sore treatment – dab coconut oil on cold sores to speed up healing time.
- Cuticle oil – rub the oil into cuticles to loosen them up pre-manicure.
- Detox bath – mix ¼ cup of Epsom salts with ¼ cup of coconut oil into a hot bath for instant relaxation.
- Diaper rash guard – use a tablespoon over affected areas for instant improvement.
- Dry hands – coconut oil can be applied directly to dry hands as a great remedy.
- Face wash – clean your face with coconut oil for smoother, softer skin.
- Deodorant – mix ½ cup of coconut oil with ½ cup baking soda and 40-60 drops essential oils that will harden into an all-natural alternative to store-bought.
- Insect repellent – mix 8 ounces of coconut oil with 40-50 drops of essential oils to fight off bugs.
- Lip balm – mix 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon beeswax, 2 teaspoons of shea butter, with essential oils like lavender and mint for the best lip balm ever.
- Makeup remover – coconut oil is non-irritating and will give extra hydration to the sensitive area around the eyes.
- Massage oil – combine coconut oil with your favourite essential oils to rub on sore muscles.
- Night cream – simply rub coconut oil directly on your face before bed, or if you’re prone to acne or have oily skin, mix coconut oil with your normal moisturizer for extra hydration.
- Scalp moisture – using coconut oil on your scalp will keep it moisturized and looking shiny.
- Shaving gel – get a close, smooth shave with coconut oil, which can also prevent ingrown hairs and razor burn.
- Skin conditions – treat eczema and psoriasis with coconut oil, with has many anti-inflammatory properties.
- Stretch marks – using coconut oil can help reduce stretch marks while keeping skin moisturized after weight gain/loss or pregnancy.
- Sunburn relief – coconut oil can help soothe inflamed skin, reduce redness and rehydrate.